Monday, April 23, 2018

Missing In Action

Hello to my dear followers: I have been very busy, I have been to a weekend Retreat from Stitchville USA, Jeannette Douglas was the Teacher, she is an amazing Lady, so much fun and makes you giggle so much.
We worked on a scissor fob on Friday night the night the big hateful snowstorm hit us, I am so glad I arrived on Thursday many women come from around the U.S. to this retreat.
The class was a box and accessories to make to put in the box.


This is only the second class of this box and accessories, I feel so lucky to be able to attend this class.


I will be starting the stitching on the box top this evening, hopefully I will have the top finished this weekend.


I would show you all the gifts from Stitchville but they are numerous and will add some during my next post.




This above kit was gifted to me from Larue my Dear Friend, she is an amazing Lady and very sweet, I love being around her she is so warm and friendly.


This is from another amazing and wonderful Friend Sue, she makes a new music CD for some of us every year, some of my fav songs are on this.


I am doing the happy dance I finished the Little Snowy Blue Church, I did make some changes, I changed the big snowflakes to a shiny white, the blue snowflakes just did not do it for me, ( so sorry about the wrinkles )  I am going to frame this Saturday, I will post a photo.

I want to tell you it has been hard this past month, I get allergies from the mold under the snow, so went to retreat with a migraine and allergies, it was awful and the room I had the heat would not go above 62 degrees, I am a warm weather person so this was cold for me, plus I had to stay Sunday evening because the roads in our area were frozen with ice and snow on top, Mike did not want to chance getting into an accident, hence one more night with the cold and I found mold in the heater vent, the hotel was so sweet about it I got Sunday night for free.
There were several women that had to stay, it was fun having an extra evening with them.

To some of the people that comment on my Blog and do not have email addresses or a way to contact you, thank-you for leaving a comment it means a lot to this old lady.

Blessings
Catherine

 

19 comments:

Robin said...

Retreats are the best. So much fun being with other Stitchers. And you had a great teacher. I’ve done a couple of classes with Jeannette Douglas and you are right.....she makes you laugh. Glad you got to and from safely.

marly said...

62 is not warm! I would have had to move to another room. Happened to me at the expensive hotel at Cleveland Clinic, not comfortable. But you had a great time!

Marti said...

That sounds like a fun retreat. Except for the mold and cold room. You'd think they would give you a space heater at least. I didn't know mold could exist under snow. Must be tough to live in that cold.

Brigitte said...

Must have been awesome to attend the retreat. And what a gorgeous class piece. But not so good that your room was so cold and that you found mold there.

butterfly said...


What fun to go to a stitching retreat , every thing looks wonderful.
Sorry you had a cold room and you did not feel to well.
Have a fun week hugs.

Marilyn said...

That's an awesome class project!
Blue Church is so pretty.
What a great CD to listen to.
Marilyn

Christine said...

The retreat project is gorgeous

Vickie said...

What a fabulous project! I am sure you had a nice time, but I am sorry about your hotel room. Your blue church is great!

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Catherine. I would sure love to go to a retreat someday.

Linda

Preeti said...

Congrats on the blue church finish, Catherine!:) Glad to know that you had a nice time at the retreat. Lovely gifts from your friends. Looking forward to your stitching for the box.

Tiffstitch said...

I'm glad the retreat part was fun, but so sorry to hear you weren't able to sleep comfortably.

gracie said...

Glad you enjoyed the retreat and I look forward to seeing the stitching box. Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words.

Rita said...

This is a beautiful church!

Faith... said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend, despite the mold. I love the church you are stitching. What a beautiful stitching box!! I so look forward to seeing your progress on it.

Hope you are feeling better Catherine.

Frances said...

Your stitching is beautiful! The church turned out so well!
I know the retreat must have been fun! I've never been to a retreat, but would love to do so one day! I'll be excited to see all of the retreat goodies!
I love the title of your post...Missing in Action!! That describes me! I will make a post this weekend! I need to catch up!
Glad to read your post!

Daffycat said...

The retreat sounds like fun and the box is awesome!
Allergies are no fun at all!

cocoya said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Catherine. I would sure love to go to a retreat someday.
บาคาร่าออนไลน์

Barb said...

Nice pieces. I love the Blue Church! I just found your blog through Our Blogger of the Week and enjoyed it. I'm now following your blog and look forward to seeing more of your pieces.

Carol said...

First of all, I want to say how perfectly lovely your blog header is, Catherine--what a delight to look out into your backyard and see those pretty blooms!

So glad you enjoyed the retreat and Jeannette Douglas. What a gorgeous project you'll be working on :) And the Blue Church is so pretty--I do love anything blue :)

Enjoy your weekend--raining here in western PA again today :(